October 30, 2017

A Fall Window Card


Don't you love all these bold colors that fall brings us? The reds and greens and deep yellows? I thought they would be great on one of our fall cards for this month. 

By the way, this design for this card can easily be changed into a winter scene or a Christmas card or for Spring. Change out the colors and some of the embellishments and voila :-)

But back to this card: The card base is a regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I cut a piece of brick red cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" to cover the front of my base. This piece was embossed with a brick embossing folder and then adhered to the card.

Next the window, this is a cutting file I have on my Cricut machine. It comes in two parts, the window and the window box. Both have been cut from brown cardstock. 
For the drapes, I used a piece of design paper cut to fit right behind the window. I cut from the bottom center about 1/3" into the paper and then about 1/4" from the cut line to the tip (so a triangle with my center cut in the middle....hope this makes sense). I adhered the curtains to the window before I attached everything to the brick piece.

I raised the window box with some foam dots so I cut arrange some of my greens and leaves underneath and above the box.

The phrase was stamped on a piece of oval white cardstock and a matching glitter paper scalloped oval was attached right below it. This ensemble was adhered to the center of the window box.




No comments:

Post a Comment