January 29, 2018

Hearts and Love for Valentines Day

Making a Valentines Day card or simply a card for the one you love. Maybe for a wedding or anniversary? So many occasions you can use these elements for.

Let's start with the card base. The base is a regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded on the left side.

I cut a piece of grey "slate" cardstock at 4" x 5 1/2" for the background.

Next I used two stamps and Close to My Hearts "Daisy White" pigment ink. This ink is awesome. It is super bright on dark papers and stays white without fading. 
I stamped the lines multiple times and added the dots as fillers to it.

The strip of grey design paper is cut at 4" x 1".
I cut both hearts, the swirly and the two sizes of leaves from Close to My Heart cardstock and design paper.  For the "love" I used a light lilac metallic paper.

You can leave all parts just as they are, but I found that edging them with a little bit of grey slate ink give them more interest. I usually use a small sponge for my edging. This gives me more control were the color goes and it leaves a finer edge. (I am not good with the direct ink pad to paper technique. It always looks so messy when I do it :-))

Now it is all about how to arrange all these things. Right? 
One method I have used before, pick them all up and drop them on your card. Seriously, if you need a random look (like with sequins or other items) this is a great way to start.

Here I started with the paper strip and the swirly. I wove the strip through the swirly and attached the pair with foam dots to the card.



Next I took my two sizes of leaves and pinched the pedals just a bit with my fingers. I added the small one on the top of the strip and the bigger one on the bottom. Having the strip on foam dots makes it easier to scoop them underneath in position.

Now the hearts and finally the "love" phrase. At the end I added my three sequins to the mix. 

Again, for the inside of the card I printed out a phrase I found online and who can beat Dr.Seuss, right? I thought its a nice phrase for this card. I placed a piece of eggplant cardstock underneath it. You can also off set both pieces to make it more interesting.

I also added a little doodling to it (after I took these pictures LOL something was missing)

Well, all materials used in this card, beside the sequins and the metallic papers can be found on my Close to My Heart website.

For more information about my classes, the products or any technique/ card shown here, please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment