January 31, 2018

A card full of love

We start this card off with a regular card base of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded on the long side.

The pretty light rose paper for the background is from Close to My Heart and is called "Bashful". 

I used the same bashful ink for the stamping of the background. It is really very light but oh so pretty. I used a lettering stamp to cover the background randomly.

The bashful cardstock is cut at 4" x 5 1/2" and is adhered to the card front. A little edged on the top and bottom from the card base is shown.

The word "love" and the swirl both were cut from grey slate cardstock and adhered directly to the cardstock.

The flower is made from three different sized flowers in three different shades of purple. To give the flower a little bit more shape, I used a flower shaping tool and a soft mat to form them. 

 The layers are adhered together, but each is offset from the previous one. A little pearl finishes off the flower.

The hearts are also cut in three different sizes. Two large, two middle and one small size.

I arranged them so it looks like they are flying off the flower. You can adhere them flat or with foam dots to the card. Spread the remaining pearls on the card.

For the inside, I printed out a phrase I found on the internet. Sometimes it is hard to find fitting phrases or I simply don't have the stamp for it. This way you can create wonderful phrases for the inside of your cards ;-)
Just don't forget to name your source of it.

I cut two strips of the bashful paper and adhered them to the top and bottom of my quote before I placed everything inside my card.

All materials used from this card can be found on my Close to My Heart website.

No comments:

Post a Comment