May 8, 2017

Elegant Mothers Day Card

Mother's Day is just around the corner and here are some ideas for cards using the stamp set I showed you in the last two Friday follow ups. If you missed our monthly hop, have a look and see what we have done so far....click here to find out more.

For this example I cut my card base from a sheet of white cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 11". I cut the piece to 4 1/4" x 11" and scored and folded it at 5 1/2".

Next I cut off about 2 1/2" from the bottom front and replaced this piece with a sheet of acetate measuring 4 1/4" x 3". I adhered the acetate with a strip of red sticky tape to the inside of the front. The bottom acetate is flush with the back of the card. Don't use liquid glue for acetate. Whenever you get glue on the acetate it will not come off. My best experience with adhered is using the red or white sticky tape. To hide the glue, simply add a strip of paper over it ;-)



I used the big flower stamp set again and some "whisper" grey ink from Close to My Heart and stamped the image twice on the bottom inside part of the card, so you can see the flowers to the front acetate. I cut 2 strips of design paper at 4 1/4" x 3/4" and adhered them to the bottom part of the acetate (back and front). A piece of gold glitter paper also measuring 4 1/4" x 3 /4" is adhered where the white cardstock meets the acetate. We stamped our phrase on a thin strip of white cardstock (3/4" x 4 1/4") and added it with foam dots to the front. A few sequins adding some extra bling and this card was done.

Stay tuned for more cards and ideas to come. If you like to know more about these or other projects and techniques, feel free to contact me. There are still some spot in my classes left if you are interested in joining us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment