March 17, 2017

Poppy Flower Step Card


Here card number three from February's card making class. Close to my Heart released this wonderful new Cricut cartridge called "Flower Market" and I have to say, this is my top favorite one.

The poppy flowers are only one of many pretty flowers that you can cut with this new cartridge. I flower is cut from 4 different colored cardstocks. The green is the base, followed by a brown (center of the flower), a red (main flower) and a dark red (3-d part of the flower).

I also cut the background piece of the flowers with the Cricut, the leaves seen on the left and the Happy Birthday ovals.

I created the cardbase with the stepper portion on the left side. I covered all steps and the front main part with red cardstock. Next I used a sponge to ad a little texture to the background piece. The poppies were layered together and then adhered to the background. I place the piece with some foam dots to the right side of the card. 

The phrase ovals are layered together and adhered to the back step on the left. I place the two leaves on the middle and front step, added a little bow and a few pearls and this card is done.

If you like to join me in one of my classes, contact me for more information. Stay tuned for more to come ....





No comments:

Post a Comment