February 13, 2017

Thinking of You

Here is the last of my cards from January's blog hop, well the ones I have done so far.....enough paper is left to do more ;-)

In this case I used a panel die that cuts only the inside, not around the image. First I placed it on a black card base measuring 5x7. I die-cut the front of the card, added my phrase with watermark in and put white embossing powder on it. After heat setting the powder, I ran the same die through this time with the marbled paper and the die that cuts the outside (rectangle) too.

This left me with a die cut and a niece even boarder around the image. Now comes the hard part. You have to line up the die-cutting with the black cutting of the card front and adhere both together. The easiest way would be if you have spray glue on hand, if not, well the you get a little sticky. I used Tombow liquid adhesive and spread it lightly on the back of my marble paper. This adhesive doesn't dry immediately, so you have a little time to move it in place. Press down firmly or place it under you work mat to flatten it out and have the glue set.


Now all that was left was to cut a piece of white cardstock for the message that was just as wide as the front black panel. I also cut a piece of sunset colored cardstock to fit over the whole inside which provides the lacy flower panel with a nice backdrop.

Do you like to learn more about these techniques or others? Come join one of my classes and see for yourself what you can do with a little help :-) Let's get crafting...Contact me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment