January 9, 2017

Welcome to 2017 - Christmas Card

Welcome to a new year of crafting and inspiration. I have no idea where 2016 went, but I sure hope 2017 will be around longer ;-)


This been said, I am preparing right now for our new card making classes and therefore can't show you the projects just yet. So let's do some catch up with cards I haven't show here yet...shall we?

I start with our personal Christmas Card 2016. Every year I make usually two different kind of Christmas cards to sent out to family, friends, customers, neighbors etc. 

As I mentioned, 2016 flew by and I was so short on time that I only got around to make one card design to be exact I had to make 80 for them.

Instructions:
I cut pieces of our Close to My Heart "peacock" cardstock to 4"x 5 1/4" and ran it through a snowflake embossing folder...well the folder through my Big Shot...

Since our paper has a white core, I used a fine grid sand paper and went over the snow flakes lightly to expose the white core. 
Next I stamped my pine trees in "daisy white" pigment ink and let it dry over night. I used the same stamp with "New England Ivy" ink to stamp on top of the white image. You have to make sure to offset the second stamping slightly from the white to get the impression of snow on the trees. I stamped a little down and to the left of the white image. This tree stamp set from CTMH is no longer available, but you might have a similar one in your stack to try.

I punches a star from our red glitter paper and added a banner were I stamped "Merry Christmas" in black ink on it.

I used a white glitter brush to imitated the snow along the bottom of the trees and to give the tree a base to stand on.
  










I have this wonderful stamp from "Whimsy Stamps" that is perfect for the inside and this card is done.



I wish you all a "Happy and Healthy New Year" and I hope to see you back here often. Many new projects, techniques and some surprises coming your way.

If you life in the Fenton, Mi area and like to attend my card making class or some of the new ones coming up, please feel free to contact me for more details. I will put up a schedule here on the blog with classes and topics in the next few weeks. 
Any questions? Please feel free to email me.



No comments:

Post a Comment