October 12, 2016

Rose Card for a special Birthday

We don't do a try-fold card that often in class, but this pretty embossing was to good to be cut apart. I love these roses and they look so pretty all the way around the card. I used an Anna Griffin 6"x12" embossing folder and some of our Close to My Heart hollyhock cardstock paper.

First I run the paper strip through my embossing machine. The folder not only creates the embossing it also creates the folds for the try-fold with it.







Carefully fold the sides over and crease with a bone-folder. Be careful not to go over the embossed image. Next I used some white pigment ink and a sponge dauber to color over the embossed images. Depending on how often you go over the image or how much ink you use, your rose might be more or less white. Let the ink dry completely before you continue to embellish the card, otherwise you will smooch the white ink all over the place.



Next I created a few little tags that guide you along while opening the card. A piece of white cardstock with a little embellishment leaves enough room for some private notes. 


The embossing folder is really awesome and no matter what side you use for your project, they are both stunning. 

Well I hope you liked this wonderful project. Leave me a comment and tell me what you like about it. 

Stay tuned for more cute cards to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment