October 17, 2016

Pets and a special Birthday Card


This was a super fun project to make in class. I had all these cute little images of dogs, cats, bunnies and even some guinea pigs.  

I picked a few different design papers to cover the front of each card. Each front piece is about 1/4" shorter than the base. I scored a square in the upper part of the paper and cut in a diagonal from one corner of the square to another creating an X-shape.

I curled back each tip to the outside and wrapped a piece of baker twine around it. I finished the string with a bow in the upper right corner.

Now I place the pet picture on the card base, lining it up with the square of the front cover. A few foam dots went on the back of the front cover to raise it up. A little stack of oval shapes and my little phrase "Well Hello" from the Sweet & Short set (A1189) are finishing of the front. A few hearts, bones or a roll of yarn as an embellishment and the front done.

 All embellishment parts are cut with one of our Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut cartridges. If you haven't heart of them yet....click here to see them all.

The newest cartridge is our "Flower Market" (Z3285) a must have for all card makers and page creators and for everyone in between. Awesome items are on this one and like with the others...700 images per cartridge!
 And like always, don't forget to decorate the inside of your card. I used a "Happy Birthday" stamp set and a little phrase to go along with is. A few more cricut cut embellishments and these little cuties are ready to be sent out.

So what do you think? Aren't they stinking cute or what? Stay tuned for more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment