October 21, 2016

Autumn Door - Thankful

Finally I am caught up with my class pictures. I don't know what has happened to this year, but it sure flew by in a lightning stroke. So, welcome to the first of two October classes. 

This card actually gives you a ton of other ideas to create a card. You can cut around the door and really have it open...you can cut out parts of it like a barn door, etc...well we went down a little simpler path.


















I ran a trip of grey cardstock through my embossing machine with a brick embossing folder. The grey strip is placed on the bottom of the card front. A piece of brown cardstock is adhered directly to the front and overlapping the grey portion just a bit. Next I cut a second rectangle (about 1/4" shorter than the first on) and adhered it in the center of the first one. The door panels are cut from the same brown cardstock as the previous piece. I went around all the edges with a sponge and some chocolate ink. All panels are placed with foam dots to the card. The lower right panel also includes the door handle. I put a little brand in to create the door knob.


Two pieces of brown cardstock are cut in small strips and are adhered to the bottom of the door to create a little step. 

To decorate the card I cut both pumpkins and the leafs with my Cricut machine and placed them with adhesive to the card. A little phrase tag and the front of this card is done, well almost....

...I used colonial white cardstock as my base so the color contrast wouldn't be to harsh. But it still was a little to white for me. So I used a little sponge dauber tool to create the little speckles seen here above the pumpkin and inside the card.

I stamped my phrase on the inside and added a few more sprinkles to lighten up the inside. I hope you had fun exploring this card. Let me know if you need any help or with any other question that might occur.






No comments:

Post a Comment