June 3, 2016

My "Snowhaven" page kit re-designed



Here is another example of a challenge I put myself into. A few Fridays ago I presented you a re-designed version of my "Brushed" page kit. I had so much fun with the re-design that I tackled another one. You can click HERE to see the original layout I designed with this kit!

This one is a winter scene, yes, in the middle of summer, but I thought this one shows even more how much options you have using one and the same paper pack/ page kit to create two or more completely different layouts.

Like with the "Brushed" one, this "Snowhaven" kit was already pre-cut and stamped. So first I took out all my parts and placed them on each side the way they were intended originally.

I started by moving things around and thinking about how to cut the old picture mats (the big one) into smaller ones. An open window blew a few of my papers around and flipped them over....Wait a second! Yeah, Close to My Heart design papers are all double sided, so why not use the backside of them, right?

Well, and this is what I came up with:

The left page changed quite a bit if you compare it to the original design. I used the big strip on the bottom and tore the paper away from the area the stamped imagine of the two skating kids was. I also cut the big blue and grey cardstock pieces down and converted them into multiple size.

The right page changes as well. Beside using the backsides of each paper, I arranged the the photo mats in a more loose way and added one extra mat that came from the grey piece of the left page. 

I think it is really amazing to see two totally different looking layouts which are based on the same pre-cut page kit, don't you think so? Leave me a comment and let me know which layout would be your favorite and have you ever tried to change a kit? I wold love to hear from you. 

If you have questions, like to check out one of my classes or would love to purchase items seen here on the blog, please contact me!

Stay tuned for more things to come...







No comments:

Post a Comment