June 15, 2016

I'm not deaf...I'm ignoring you - "Birthday Card" Golden Oldies

I am a huge fan of Art Impressions stamps especially the funny ladies and the golden oldies. Naturally I couldn't resist to buy a few new ones during the MegaMeet Craft Show in May.

Here is one of the newbies ;-) Love this grumpy old guy. Sitting in his camping chair I thought why not place him on the beach? 

I found some great papers from Close to My Heart to create some water, sand and boardwalk. 
My cardbase is cut at 8 1/5" x 5 1/2", scored and top folded at 4 1/4". The wood grain paper came in the May special paper pack. The water paper is from the "Regatta" paper pack and for the sand I used some cashmere cardstock all papers from Close to My Heart.


I cut three strips and sprinkled some cashmere ink onto the cardstock to give it more texture and make the cardstock look more like sand. I also ripped a small piece off along the edge which exposed the white core of the cardstock. 


I first adhered the water paper, then the sand and a thin strip of dark grey cardstock to the cardbase. The boardwalk paper is raised just a little with some thin foam adhesive strips. I stamped the phrase in black on the cardstock piece.

Now the the young gentleman in the chair. I stamped him twice in StazOn black ink. The first image, I colored in just the chair. The second image, I colored in just the guy. Using watercolor pencils is the easiest and quickest way to bring color to your stamped images. You have to make sure to stamp your image in a permanent ink, otherwise it will dissolve with your watercolors. If you prefer to use alcohol markers, stamp your images with Memento ink or archival ink, NOT StazOn! 


I then cut out the first image completely (chair and guy) and from the second image I only cut the guy out. I placed the gentleman with some thin foam adhesive onto the chair image. This layering will give you a wonderful 3-D effect and a lot of dimension to your card. If you don't want to do the double up, just simply stamp the image once, color it in and cut it out.


Place the chair on the front of your card so it looks like he is sitting right on the edge of the boardwalk.

For the inside we stamped a "Happy Birthday" on some cashmere cardstock, ripped the edges just a little and placed it on the inside. I used my black pen to draw a few strings so it looks like a hanging sign....

Let me know what you think of this card and leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you. You can also email me with questions or if you like to know more about classes and learning new techniques in small groups. Click HERE for my email!






No comments:

Post a Comment