June 27, 2016

Girl Friend " Cheers to You" Birthday

Oh the funny ladies again....Don't you love them too?

I used a piece of white cardstock measuring 4"x 4 1/2". I rounded the corners and stamped the ladies in the middle. The phrase fits perfectly in the upper left corner. I did use StazOn black ink for the stamping part.

For coloring the ladies in, I used watercolor pencils and a small brush with just a tiny little bit of water! Do not use a lot of water when you are working on regular cardstock, otherwise the paper will crumble.

Keep it simple and leave parts of their clothing white.


Two design paper strips along the top and bottom of the card base and a piece of matching cardstock was used to cover the middle of the base. I raised the ladies with some foam dots and added a few rhinestones to the front.

A "Happy Birthday" stamp for the inside and a few balloons and this card is finished.

Would you like to learn more about different water coloring techniques? How to start and what to look out for to get the best results? Come join one of my water coloring classes starting back up in September. Or contact me for an individual class!








No comments:

Post a Comment