May 4, 2016

"La Vie En Rose" - Mother's Day Card


While I was working with my Close to My Heart paper pack "La Vie En Rose" (X7201B) I thought this paper would make the perfect Mother's Day card too. 

The theme of this months blog hop "Shaker Cards" was the basic idea for this card. Please check out the "how to create the shaker portion" post... HERE!

And in case you missed last months hop...click here to see the details!

I used a simple frame for the shaker part, so the beautiful flower paper would show up the best. I stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" phrase with VersaMark embossing ink on the black cardstock and embossed it with super fine white embossing powder. I kept the shaker filling very neutral by using only a few clear mini glass beads and sequins and a few white and silver sequins. I also used a little white/silver glitter sprinkles. These things as flat and I tried before to place them inside a shaker as shaker material.....

Learn from my mistake...Don't do it!!! 

This things will clinch to your acetate/plastic sheet due to static reaction. They will not shake or fall down ever!

Instead I used them in a little different way here. Before I filled the shaker material inside, I used a glue pen and place a little of the glue around some of the leaf edges. Then I sprinkled the glitter over it, press it down a little and got rid of the excess. The glue keeps the glitter in place and prevents any static reaction. 

Last but not least, I had a little paper leftover and decided to cut out a few of the roses. I draped them into one corner and adhered them flat and with foam dots to the front.
If you have questions or like to join a class, please feel free to email me.

There is more coming up...stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment