March 25, 2016

Easter Card - Rejoice


Here is our second card from the April card class. 

I used the Close to My Heart stamp set "Rejoice" (A1184) which will retire April 30th. I really like this cross and if you would like the set as well, make sure to order it soon.

I started with a Daisy White cardstock folded on the left side. Next I cut a piece of buttercup cardstock measuring 4"x 5 1/4". I used my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder to create the design you see on the card. 

I cut a piece of 3 1/4" x 2 3/4" cardstock in grey (slate) and a 3" x 2 1/2" in white cardstock.
The cross was stamped with Versamark Watermark ink on the white cardstock. Next I added some silver embossing powder and heat set it. This cross design has so many beautiful details that really look stunning when you use embossing powder. I adhere the white cardstock in the center of the grey one and place the ensemble with foam dots towards the top of my card base.

For the rest of the embellishments I used a piece of white sheer ribbon that I adhered to the bottom of the card. I only placed some adhesive on the backside to the left and right and wrapped the ribbon around. This way I didn't had to struggle with the adhesive on the front coming through this delicate ribbon. Now it is time to place adhesive and the backside of the buttercup cardstock and place it in the center of the card base. This secures the ribbon as well.

I stamped my "Rejoice" phrase with slate ink on a small tag and added it with foam dots over the ribbon onto the card. A few pearls finishing off this card. If you like, you can stamp another cross impression in the inside of your card as well. 

Stay tuned for one more super cute Easter card to come....well, it could be a Birthday card or ????

No comments:

Post a Comment