February 3, 2016

Tissue Box to Get Well

It's cold and flue season and the weather doesn't really help to get over them easily, so what better gift to give than a little pick me upper?

Tissues do come in hand these days, so we made a little box in our January class which is the perfect fit for a pack of Kleenexes. 

The box is assembled from a strip of Daisy White cardstock by Close to My Heart size 11" x 4 1/4".

The strip is score in four places and folded on each score line.

The opening for the tissues can be cut with an oval punch (if you have one on hand) or you can use an oval die, which is what I had laying around. I use a size bigger die to create the ring around the opening. 
To make sure your design paper fits perfectly on the box and around the opening, adhere this one first to the box before you punch/ cut through both layers.
I used three pieces of design paper to cover and embellish the box.

The sentiment on the front is from the "Kiss It Better" (B1508) stamp set from Close to My Heart. You can find this cute stamp set in the current Seasonal Expressions Book 1.

The flower I used for embellishment is form the January stamp of the month set. I stamped the base in Glacier ink and used Peacock ink for the details stamp part. 

I did stamp the flower twice. I cut the first one our and only used part of the second stamped image to create a layered effect on the flower. Leafs are form the same set and also stamped and cut out. A few rhinestones and this wonderful little "Get Well" present is done.

Leave a comment or contact me, I would love to hear from you....


No comments:

Post a Comment