January 23, 2016

Emboss Resist ~ with Pigment Ink

Love these little owls... It is one of my favorite Close to My Heart stamp set, but sadly... it is retired! If you are interested in this one (owls, branch, leaf, phase) I still have one set for sale.

Back to the card... I placed a circle with some removable adhesive in the middle of my 5" x 3 3/4" piece of white cardstock. Next I used Memento Dandelion ink (make sure it is the pigment one) to stamp my stars in the sky. 

I removed the circle and place clear WOW embossing powder over the stamped images. After shaking of the excess and heating the powder to melt I place the circle back in the center and started the background. 


I used two different blue and a sponge to blend the night sky. Since the yellow color of the ink is sealed with the clear embossing powder it will not take on any blue ink.

 You will know if you missed some embossing if your stars turn green ;) Once the background is done you can remove the circle for good. I used the clear glitter pen from Wink Of Stella to fill in the circle with some glitter (it's not showing on the picture).
The owls were stamped, colored in and cut out with scissors. The branch was stamped on chocolate cardstock and also cut out. The leafs are stamped on green cardstock before cut. 

The foreground is made from black cardstock cut with two different Lawn Fawn border dies. I stamped the phrase with watermark ink and embossed it with Platinum embossing powder.

Assembling:

First I adhered the black cardstock with the trees onto my star piece. The other black cardstock was placed with foam dots on top of the other one. For the owls, I assembled the whole branch before I adhered it with foam dots to the card. 

Do you like this or any of the other cards seen here on my blog? How about joining one of my classes and see what you can create? It is so much fun and no fears, I am there to help .... Contact me for more information.

If you missed this months Blog Hop, CLICK HERE to see a list of all designers and hop along!

No comments:

Post a Comment