December 23, 2015

Festive Merry Christmas

For this card layout I have to thank Jasmine Schulz who came up with this design. "Danke Dir Jasmin" ...

So how was this card done. First I stamped different snowflakes in our white daisy pigment ink all over a sheet of desert sand cardstock ... all from Close to My Heart. Since pigment ink is thicker and needs longer to dry I let the piece air-dry over night. I think I got carried a way just a big with the flakes but, oh well, random stamping sometimes does this to you.

I cut the sheet down to 4"x 5 1/4" and punched a 2 1/4" circle on the right side. 

Now I used a square piece of colonial white (cream color) cardstock, measuring about 2 3/4" and stamped some pine trees on it. I used the pine tree from the set "Always Grateful" (C1559) and two different shades of green ink all from Close to My Heart. I must say this again, if you haven't bought this set yet...Go Get It!....it is awesome!

First I stamped the lighter green. I inked the stamp and set it onto the paper, then without re-inking I stamped again aside of the first one. Once I was happy with the background I used the dark green to stamp the tree three more times. I inked the stamp each time.

I had some hemp thread with gold left and wrapped it through the circle and a round the left side twice before I tied it to a bow. I used a silver thread from the sewing department to go along with the hemp. This one is so thin, I just wrapped it around twice, fastened it with some tape in the back and arranged the pieces.

The little flag like the card base is cut from colonial white cardstock. I stamped the phrase in black ink. To decorate the card I used one big Gold Glitter Paper (Z3076) star and one little one. 

OK, how is the card assembled?

First you determine witch part of the stamped trees you like to see through the circle cutout. I adhered the stamped tree square directly on the cardbase front. I then placed the snowflakes layer with foam dots in the center of the base (there will be an 1/8" edge around the layer). Now all that is let is to ad the phrase banner with foam dots and glue the stars in place.

As you know by now, a phrase was stamped on the inside and the envelope was decorated as well.

















Isn't this a wonderful Christmas card? If you like to purchase cards or anything else seen here on the blogs, please contact me.
Why not join one of my classes and learn how to make these cards? Lots of fun....email me for more information!   

No comments:

Post a Comment