December 22, 2015

Christmas Tree in Silver

I found this cute tree die from Whimsy stamps and even so it is very delicate, it is easy to die-cut.   

But lets start with the base and work out way up. The cardbase is a regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" daisy white cardstock base.

The next layer is a piece of dark-blue cardstock (outdoor denim) from Close to My Heart center on the cardbase.

For the background I used a pieces of watercolor paper, smooth side up and Spectrum Aqua markers. 


I used three different markers, two blues and one green. 

The colors were scribbled on a pallet and added to the paper with a brush and lots of water. I let my paper air dry, but you can use a heating tool to speed up the process. 

Be aware that you might get harsher edges then when you let it air dry.


The most difficult part of this card was to adhere the tree to the paper. Yes, that was the difficult part! With the watercolor paper in the background you need a liquid glue that will hold the tree down good. There is not a lot of glue needed, but it should be strong. I used ArtGlitter glue with the super fine tip.

Center the watercolor paper with the tree on the blue cardstock. I embellished with a few sparkling sequins too.

And finally the embellishment is the little flag. I first stamped "Merry Christmas" on a pieces of white daisy cardstock. Cut the flag and adhered it to a piece of metallic silver paper (same paper the tree was cut out). Now I cut the flag into the metallic paper matching the white flag. I adhered the flags with foam adhesive to the card and trimmed the end on the right side of the card flush with the card.

And ... I had to decorate the envelope again ;-)

If you like to purchase this or any other card/ item seen on this blog, please contact me for more information.

Or if you like to join my monthly cardmaking classes, let me know. I would love to have in my group.





No comments:

Post a Comment