November 18, 2015

Owl Greetings "Get Well"


Last one for fall and then we are for to make Christmas cards...

For this card I used a basic daisy white card base. Two strips of brown cardstock were place on the right and left side of the front of the card.

The "Wood" part....
I inked up one side of my woodgrain embossing folder and placed a piece of daisy white cardstock carefully on the inside. Close the folder and run it through the Cuttlebug machine and out comes this beauty.

To adhere the embossed paper to the base I had to use quite a bit of liquid glue to make it stick the to front (it is due to the embossing)

The letters were cut with the Cricut and also adhered with liquid glue.

The wreath is from a retired Close to my Heart stamp set. I punched out a big circle matching the size of the wreath stamp and then punched out a smaller one in the center. I stamped the wreath and colored the berries and leafs with markers. To make it look more real I followed the contour of the wreath with my scissors and adhered it with foam dots to the front.

The little owl is also from a retired set and was stamped, colored in and cut out with scissors. I tucked it behind the wreath and adhered the wings to the front.

The inside is simply decorated with some faux stitching.... Love to join my card classes or would you like to buy some of my cards? Just contact me by clicking HERE....


















No comments:

Post a Comment