November 12, 2015

Glitter Acorns " Thanks"

Uhh, I love this card too...

I used the Cricut cutting machine again and our Close to My Heart Cartridge "Art Philosophy" (Z3171) to cut out the acorns. I first cut the whole acorn from cashmere cardstock and then did a separate cut for their little hats, this time from gold glitter paper (Z3076). 

In case you have never tried our glitter paper you don't know what you missed ;-). It is sturdy, doesn't lose glitter and cuts like butter. When you place it in your trimmer make sure to place it glitter side down! This way your blade doesn't get dull. If you like to try the glitter paper, you can order the 12"x 12" pack or if you prefer a small package I have them also in sizes 6"x 12" and 6"x 6" for sale. Just contact me! Each package will contain all three colors of glitter paper that will come in the big package too.


I stamped the "thanks" phrase on a piece of daisy white cardstock and cut the flag with scissors. Next I cut a piece of cashmere cardstock a bit bigger than the phrase one and adhered it to the phrase. Now cut the flag into the second layer to match the first.

My card base is a regular daisy white card base folded on the left side. 

I run a piece of vellum through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with dots. I cut a piece of slate (grey) cardstock fitting the front of my card base. The vellum is a bit wider than the grey piece and folds around the left side. This way I had to run my adhesive only on the back of my grey carstock piece and adhered the vellum to it. The vellum will lay loose on the front. Now you can adhere the whole grey piece to the card base and there will be no adhesive seen holding the vellum in place.


Decorate the front with some gold thread, the acorns and the phrase and your card is done. For the inside I decided to use a smaller version of the acorn, a stamp short phrase and a few hand drawn lines to decorate it.

Love to explore how to create cards like this yourself? Well, come join me on a monthly base to make cards like this....Contact me for more information...

No comments:

Post a Comment