November 11, 2015

Fall Leafs "Happy Thanksgiving"


Love this fall card, how about you? 

I used our Close to My Heart Cartridge "Art Philosophy" (Z3171) and my Cricut Explore cutting machine to cut the colonial white overlay and the leafs. A little alternating was done to get the leafs without the stamps, but that's about it.

First I cut out the overlay with the nice edges and the three leafs positioned as you see them here. Next I cut the leafs out of sorbet, honey and olive cardstock. I used the same colors in ink to edge the leafs and give them a more natural fall look. I stamped the phrase in chocolate ink on the overlay. 

To assemble the card, I adhered the barn red piece of cardstock to the center of the card base. Next I centered the colonial white overlay with foam dots on the red piece. Make sure to place a few foam dots around the cut outs to keep them up.

I used liquid Tombow glue and tweezers to place the leafs back into the cutouts. Make sure before you put adhesive on the back that they are the right way up (at least the maple leaf).

A little rhinestone was placed on the front.


The inside was stamped with a "Happy Thanksgiving" phrase and a little pumpkin too. 

Would you like to create cards like this one? Well come join me for some fun time. Usually once a month we met to make 4 cards. All things will be provided for you...pre-cut and even the adhesive will be there for you if you like, otherwise bring your own. Come join the fun and contact me today for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment