November 10, 2015

Birthday Balloons

Here another card we created in my October card class...What would be a Birthday without balloons?

For this card I pulled my Cricut cutting machine and my Close to My Heart "Artiste" (Z3170) cartridge out. 

The base on this card is folded on top and I rounded all four corners.

First I cut the purple overlay including the balloons out with the Cricut. Next I used three different polka-dot papers to cut out the balloons again. Last but not least I cut out the banner from daisy white cardstock....OK, the cutting part is done.


First we adhered the purple overlay to the card base. With the Close to My Heart cartridge you will get three stamp sets that match some of the cutouts made with the machine. Here I first used the balloon strings and stamped them in black on the purple overlay. I also stamped a banner fitting the cutout in slate (grey) ink.

Now you take your three polka-dot balloons and place them with foam dots over the cutout area on the purple overlay. 

We used gel pens to color in the letters of the phrase and adhered the banner with foam dots to the card base. A few rhinestones and silver glitter paper stars round up the card.
Naturally, we don't waste anything, so use one of the purple cutout balloons to decorate the outside of your envelope as well. I drew the string with  a thin black journaling pen.

To embellish the inside of the card, we stamped a phrase and added a few stamped balloons to it. Again, Gel pens were used to color the balloons.

Stay tuned for more cards to come ....






No comments:

Post a Comment