September 4, 2015

Watercolor Technique with Kuretake ZIG markers

Vibrant colors, a watercolor background and all was done with the Kuretake Zig Clean Brush markers.

Using the right paper, blending the colors on the paper is easy.

I started out by stamping the "Flower Corner" stamp on white Strathmore Bristol 100lb cardstock. I used Versa Mark ink and white embossing powder to make the design stand out.

I colored each flower with two different shades of ZIG marker. Yellow and orange, orange and red, yellow and brown and purple and pink. The leafs are done with the two green shades that come in the 12 marker set (like the other colors I used)


I stared with the darker color and blended in with the lighter shade. These markers are so juicy that my light color was picking up the darker shade so I had to clean it of in between on a piece of scrap paper.

Flowers and leafs are done in the direct on paper blending technique. For the background I used one of the blues in the set, but here I worked with my waterbrush. First I saturated the background just a bit with water and then placed some color right around the stamped images. With more water on the brush I moved the color around to cover the whole background. If not enough color was left, I just added more.

The "Thinking of You" stamp from Close to My Heart was stamped in VersaMark and embossed in "liquid platinum embossing powder". I placed the piece on a black cardstock base and onto the card base with the fold on top. A few sequins round up this card.

Like to learn this and other watercolor techniques? Contact me for class dates... 
























No comments:

Post a Comment