September 11, 2015

Butterfly Card with ZIG Marker watercolor background

Well, you know how much I love the ZIG markers and sometimes they are awesome for creating backgrounds with water.

Looks complicated doesn't it? Let's see how hard it is to do a background like this.

Again, with these markers you have to use the right paper to get the best results. I used a piece off Bristol watercolor paper and stamped three different kind of butterflies in VersaMark on it.
White embossing powder was used to seal the stamped images.

Now we come to the fun part and make sure you pay attention since it is really complicated:


I picked green, blue, pink, red, orange and yellow markers. I stared in the lower left corner and scribbled a strip of green in a diagonal way. Not very accurate or all the way to the edge. Next I did the same with the blue, leaving a little white between the two colors. I followed the same procedure with pink, red, orange and ended it with yellow.

I put a little runner adhesive on the back and secured the watercolor paper to my crafting mat. Now I took my water spritz bottle and sprayed away. Multiple spritzers until the color stared moving and blending into each other.

Now you can just leave the piece to dry or you can use your heating tool to speed up the process.

The embossed image resists the colors and makes the butterflies pop. I mated the piece on a piece of black cardstock and adhered it to the card base. 

I stamped the phrase again with VersaMark on black cardstock and white embossed it. It is placed with foam dots to the front and a few sequins round up this creation.

So how difficult was this? Like to try this technique and a few more for yourself? Well contact me to see which openings are left for my watercolor classes....Don't miss out and try multiple mediums before you decide which one works best for you and your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment