August 14, 2015

Throwback Friday ... "Pathfinding"

Here is the last throwback Friday memory for now...I know, fall is not here yet, ...but...
if you like this wonderful fall paper package, make sure to order it this month because it will be gone buy August 31st or in case of high demand even earlier...



I will present you at least one double page layout every month and this month I will start with our wonderful Close To My Heart "Pathfinding" (X7186B) paper packet.

I love the gorgeous fall colors and I thought this is the perfect paper to create a fun Autumn page. 


The base for the layout is one of the three design papers that are in the package. Little tiny leave falling, just the right background. I created the tree trunk from a piece of 3" x 12" Chocolate cardstock. I hand drew the trunk onto the back of the paper so I didn't had to worry about the pencil line once I cut it out. I left a little stump on the top that would line up with the branch.

I stamped a wood-grain image with chocolate ink onto the trunk and edged the sides with the same ink. Edging the sides with a sponge make for a nice soft edge and gives the trunk some great dimension.

The photo mat is a 7"x 5" barn red piece of cardstock. I poked a small hole in the top corners, strung a piece of hemp through and placed it with foam dots onto the page, just so far off the tree that the hemp will reach the branch.

Four leaves and a cork button will hold the hemp in place and the photo mat looks like it is hanging of the branch.




The title as well as the leaves were cut with the Cricut and our Close To My Heart Cartridges "Art Philosophy" and " Artbooking". I used two different design papers from the "Pathfinding" paper pack to cut all leaves. The title is made from Autumn Terracotta cardstock. The pumpkin and the acorns you see are stamped and then hand cut. 

Scatter all your leaves on the bottom of the page, pointing in different directions. I elevated some with foam dots. 

Stay tuned for part two of this layout and a special extra photo adding to your page....coming tomorrow...

You can create this layout in one of my classes, or you can order the kit including everything you see on the layout. (Papers pre-cut, stamping done and complete colored instructions with pictures included). You can also purchase the layout assembled and ready to go....

Please contact me via email for more information!








No comments:

Post a Comment