June 10, 2015

Orchid Flower Anniversary

This time we created a special anniversary card in our Card Class Workshop.

Our cards are usually regular sizes 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", but once in a while we make a nice big one. This card is made from a 5" x 7" card base.

I found this card base from DCWV in our local scrapbook store and thought it would be ideal for this project. It came already embossed with a beautiful satin-silver Moroccan design on white cardstock.

When I was looking through my Close to My Heart Cricut cartridges I found many beautiful roses, sunflowers and other botanical treasures, but all were more of a 3-D kind of flower.


I needed something more elegant and a little flatter, so what better than an orchid design I once bought from Cricut's image gallery. 

The beauty of a Cricut machine is that you can cut any size you want from any image you have. The Orchid is a three part set with two white pieces for the flower and one apricot piece for the stem. Before I adhered them together I used my bigger styluses to shape the pedals just a bit. The green leave are from our Cricut cartridges. 

The beautiful apricot lace place-mat was cut with a dies called "Claudette Oval Frame" from "Poppystamps.com". And again, my Cricut helped me to cut the perfect oval for the placement. The place-mat was adhered with foam dots and the orchid is assembled and adhered with glue dots.

 The phrase on the outside is from a Close to My Heart stamp set called "Happy To Be Friends" (C1605)...love this once because it is so versatile.

When I cut the lace place-mat I was left with a beautiful negative image that I couldn't just through away. So I thought I could use the piece as a frame for a beautiful anniversary phrase that I had... and this is how the inside of the card was decorated.

So, what do you think? Do you like the card design? I do and I love the Orchid, I think I have to make a few more projects with this wonderful flower....speaking of, I took some wonderful photos of an orchid exhibition in Germany. I think I should share a few with you....Contact me if you have questions or would like to purchase this card....




No comments:

Post a Comment