May 20, 2015

Happy Anniversary Card

Today's card is inspired by the colors of our Close to My Heart paper package "Brushed" (X7190B). 

I used the stamp set "Happy To Be Friends" (C1605) for all the embellishments seen in this card.

This card base is cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and folded in half. I used a 2" circle punch to cut out the circle on the front.


Position a post-it note or any scrap paper on the inside of your card were the circle cut out is.

Start by stamping the branches around the circle cut out. Make sure to stamp a little over the edge. The scrap paper on the inside will protect your card.
Now place randomly the flowers from this stamp set around the branches.
I used Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock, Pixie and Juniper Inks.

Once you are done with the front stamping, remove your paper inside and close the card so you can see the stamping around the circle. Line up your phrase and stamp in Juniper ink in the center of the circle cut out. Now open the card and continue stamping on the inside.

One of my flowers ended up a bit to high so it is peeking out when the card is closed, but I actually like it this way :-)


I decorated the flowers with some rhinestones. A piece of "Brushed" design paper is adhered to the left side of the front and a piece of twine is wrapped around the front twice. You can either make the ends into a bow or a simple knot.

If you like to purchase any of the cards seen here on this blog, please contact me...
or if you like to join one of my card making classes each month, check back with me for opening and schedule...











No comments:

Post a Comment