May 29, 2015

"Chalk It Up" Page Layout Technique

Here is a little tutorial on how to create a shadow under your page title.

You can use your Cricut machine, your Cuttlebug or Sizzix for this project. If you don't own any of these, use a stamped font you have and hand cut the letters. A big font would work best. Naturally the easiest way would be to use one of the machines.

You have to cut your title twice in the desired size!!! but in two different colors!!!

I used "sorbet" card stock from Close To My Heart as my top layer. Since I have a very dark background I picked "daisy white" as my shadow color. For a light background I would pick a darker shadow color.

Adhere both layers together but offset the shadow layer just a bit to the left or right, depending on where you like your shadow to be. I love how it makes the title pop....






No comments:

Post a Comment