January 24, 2015

Valentine's Card - Just for You


This card was inspired by my good friend Elke. I loved the design and thought it would make a great Valentine's layout too. So if you like to see the original hope over the blog "Frau Schnipselchen"...

This card was fun to make. We put ordinary sticky note hard to work. I cut a ca. 2" circle with a circle punch from a piece of "white daisy" cardstock. Align the sticky note the way you want to show the ray of hearts. We then stamped between the sticky notes with two heart stamps. Make sure to place some of the hearts of the paper. Don't worry to stamp on the sticky notes, since they will be removed once the stamped images are done. This creates this clean line you can see on the card.

We used "ruby ink" for stamping and the lighter red was created by using the second generation stamping technique. Like to know how this works? Contact me or join me to one of my classes. A calendar with all class information will be added to the blog in a few days.

One thing I love about Close to My Heart acrylic stamps is that they are so flexible. The phrase "Happy Valentine's Day" is normally a straight line, but here I curved it to fit the cut out circle.

Now assemble your card. First the card base was covered with a pieces of Close to My Heart "ruby" cardstock. The second piece is the heart stamped white daisy layer. Both layers are centered. The cut is adhered with foam squares and the bow is added with a glue dot. A few pearls and sparkles finishing of this card.


Oh and don't forget to embellish the inside of your card and even the envelope.

Come join me in some of my classes and learn these techniques used here and so much more....









No comments:

Post a Comment