November 22, 2014

A wonderful Merry Christmas


This is the second card for Christmas made in our card class in November. I found the design (seen from Dawn Griffith) so cute that I had to use the base and give it my own spin.

The card base is a piece of red cardstock with a little flap seen on the left. The green design paper is adhered to the center of the red base and to the outside of the flap.






A piece of black cardstock folded in half is glued into the center of the green base paper. The fold of the black piece is to your right so the card opens on the left. The small flap from the red cardstock will hold the black card closed.
Make sure to adhere a piece of colonial white cardstock in the center so you can write your greeting inside.


I used another colonial white cardstock piece (same size as the one inside the black card) to stamp and decorate the outside of my card.
Close To My Heart has a great stamp set available for all hostesses that is called "Sing Glory" (C1587). I used the Holly garland and leave motive, as well as the phrase from it. If you are interested in this stamp set, please contact me on how to get it.

First I stamped the garland and leaves in olive ink. To make the berries pop, I used the liquid adhesive pen and marked each berry with some liquid glue. A little bit of red embossing powder, a heat gun and my Holly berries are done.
The three ornament are from an older stamp set. I stamped them first in grey onto the card and then a second set on a separate piece of cardstock. These I colored in with alcohol markers and cut them out.
A foam dot and a little bit of glitter and they were place right on top of the grey stamped images.


All cards and layouts presented on my blog can be purchased as kits (while supply last) or as finished products. Please contact me if you like to purchase any item.

How about making this card in one of my card classes? I offer small classes at my home or if you have a couple of friends that like to come together and make some of these cards, I will come to you place as well. Contact me which days are still available and what other projects I am currently offering. 

Stay tuned for more crafting ideas...


No comments:

Post a Comment