November 19, 2014

A folded Christmas tree


This is the first of our November card class projects. Simple but elegant and a great design if you need to make many cards for the season.

I used a Close To My Heart paper packet from last year, but any other festive paper will work as well. For this Christmas tree you will need a double sided paper otherwise the tree will show some of the white backing.
The tree is folded from a half circle. In this case I used a 4" circle cut in half. The stem is made from the Close To My Heart golden glitter trim. I love this trim. I comes in many more colors and is already backed with adhesive.


I adhered a piece of design paper to the card base. My tree was glue on a piece of black cardstock which enhances the colors and makes the gold trim really pop. I used tiny thin foam squares to hold the folded corners of the tree down. The thin foam piece give a little dimension without making your cards to bulky. A few gold embellishments are draped around the tree and I stamped "Merry & Bright" on the bottom with our chalk inks. The ink color I picked was a little dark, but you can still see it on the card. 


The black cardstock is raised with foam dots of the card base. 

With my Christmas cards I like to stamp a little phrase inside to make them even more special.

All cards and layouts presented on my blog can be purchased as kits (while supply last) or as finished products. Please contact me if you like to purchase any item.

How about making this card in one of my card classes? I offer small classes at my home or if you have a couple of friends that like to come together and make some of these cards, I will come to you place as well. Contact me which days are still available and what other projects I am currently offering. 

Stay tuned for more crafting ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment