December 22, 2013

Gift Card Holder Part 1


I am a little late with writing my blog and showing you the last projects of our Card Class this month. Well, but I guess still in time for Christmas.

How often did you buy a gift card in the store and all you get is a small envelope to put it in? Not very personal or? Here are some Gift Card packages we made this month and I think they are so much better than just an envelope:

First we start out with our Doily/ Snowflake bundle of joy. The folder measures a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" . Both ends fold over to create a little pocket. A strip of sky colored cardstock paper and some design paper strips hold the card closed. You simply slide the strip off to the side and the card will open.  



 The beautiful doily/ snowflake was created with the "Classy Doily" (B1424) stamp set from Close To My Heart. I cut the base shape out with the Cricut and stamped the doily once in sky blue on it. Little blue glitter glue made it even more sparkly. I then stamped the same image two more times in silver. I cut the first one out right around the star design and the second one around the middle part. Both layers are attached with foam dots to the base. Now all that is left is to attache the snowflake doily to the strip.

 When you open the card, you will see your Christmas Greeting and a pocket for the gift card. 

Slight your gift card in on the bottom, leave your personal note and slight the strip around the closed card.

Merry Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment