November 8, 2013

Leafs and Acorn card

Leafs and acorn, our third card of Octobers workshop II. I am sure you have a set of leaf stamps laying around. How about getting them out to create a card like this one?
I started with a Colonial White (cream colored) cardstock base of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". The next layer is a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" Cashmere cardstock from Close To My Heart. I ran the piece through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with a writing design. Chocolate brown ink was used to go around the edges an in a couple of areas over the top. I used a strong adhesive to glue it to the base.

Three different strips of cardstock and design paper were cut to length. The barn red piece is about 4"x 1 1/2", the cocoa piece is 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" and the design paper one is about 3 1/4" x 1 1/4". You can stack the three pieces as wide or as narrow as you like.

The leafs were stamped in olive and barn red onto cashmere paper as well. I then cut them out and went around the edges with some chocolate brown ink. 

The acorn is stamped in cocoa brown and barn red ink, all from Close To My Heart, cut out and edges like the leafs.
A little tag was cut out, stamped with Thanks and edged to match the rest of the card.

I adhered the leaves first, then the tag, raised with foam dots and finally the acorn, also raised with foam dots.

Enjoy the fall and get inspired but the falling leafs....

Let me know if you like a set of Octobers cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment