November 23, 2013

Christmas Ornament Card

This is the second card of my November Card Class. For this card I used a white cardstock base of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


 I stamped the "Merry Christmas" in the lower right corner in black ink. A red rhinestone was placed on top of the "i" to give it a little sparkle.
I adhered a piece of 4" square red design paper and a 3 3/4" square black cardstock piece in the top center of the card base. Make sure that the white shown form the card base is evenly spaced.

The three ornaments were cut out with the Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge. I run the grey and red cardstock ornaments through an embossing machine to give them a little bit more dimension. I used silver ink to bring out the embossing. The middle ornament was cut out from the Close To My Heart "Sparkle & Shine" paper. It needed a little sparkle for this card so I used red and silver glitter glue on every other stripe of the paper. Make sure you let the glitter glue dry completely. I always like to be on the safe side, so my glitter glue items will dry over night.


I first glued both cardstock ornaments to the black piece. Each one towards the side and top. The striped ornament is placed with foam dots over the other two, partially covering them. A bow made from a silver ribbon is adhered with a glue dot underneath the striped ornament. A little snow pearl is placed at the top of the middle ornament and your Christmas Card is done.

Do you like to create these cards at home or do you like a set pre-done? Contact me for more information... and stay tuned for more cards...   



No comments:

Post a Comment