November 20, 2013

Christmas Card of Love, Peace and Happiness

I don't know why, but this year it seems like all scrapbook companies are more into the modern paper choice. I do love the traditional Christmas colors of red, green and gold and so I had to get a bit creative. Luckily I found some papers of past Christmases ... good we scrapers keep stacks of papers on hand :-)



The card is made in a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" format. I used colonial white as my base. A piece of 4"x 4" design paper, a piece of 1" x 4" red cardstock and a 2"x 4" green cardstock was used assemble the base. I used a scallop punch on the red paper and gold ink for the stamped image on the green paper. I started to adhere the green paper first, then the red and the design paper at the end. Make sure to space the papers out so you will have an even frame around the papers.

The sentiment was stamped on colonial white cardstock that was matted with a piece of desert sand cardstock. Desert sand cardstock from Close To My Heart is awesome. This color works with almost every other color and it is the closest cardstock to a gold color. I used gold ink to edge around the square. The sentiment piece was added with foam dots to the base.



Last but not least, I stamped the pine swag on colonial white paper and colored it in with pencils. I cut it out with scissors and adhered it directly to the sentiment.  I used watercolor pencils and therefor stamped the image with StazOn ink otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the water with the pencils.

If you like a set of this months Christmas Card Class, please contact me and stay tuned for more cards to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment