November 12, 2013

A Round Pumpkin Card

Here is our last Autumn card for the October Card Class II, a round pumpkin card.

It's not always easy to find the right round card for your project, but I found an easy way to make your own. First I determined that I wanted to make a 4" card that would fit easily in a regular envelope for a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card, including all the extras (leaves, bow, etc).

I cut out a 4" circle from sunset cardstock (Close To My Heart) with my Cricut. I ran the circle through my Cuttlebug with a wood grain design. I edged around the circle with sunset ink to make it look more dimensional. Now comes the tricky part:

First I took a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" card base (landscape format) and adhered the sunset circle in the middle of the card front, down to the bottom. The fold of the card (long side) is on the top. Now I marked on the top of the card, in the middle of the circle two lines about 2" apart form each other. I cut along the tow lines and around the rest of the circle. You end up with a round card and a "hinge" on the top of 2". (See picture of the back of the card).

Don't worry about the hinge itself, because we will cover this up later with leafs and bows.

 I stamped two big leafs in olive and chocolate brown, cut them out and adhered them to the top of the circle above the hing. This way I was able to cover the white hinge. Make sure the leafs stick out a big over the hings to make it look more natural.

I created a bow from bast and brown craft paper. A big glue dot holds it in place.
Two little tags wishing a Happy Thanksgiving and the round pumpkin card is done.


If you need help creating this card, have any other questions or if you like to purchase a set of these cards, please fell free to contact me.

Stay tuned for more cards, pages and other ideas to come or come and see me on Nov 16th at the Craft Show of St. Mary, Our Lady of the Snows in Milford form 9am until 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment