October 28, 2013

Happy Autumn

"Happy Autumn" is our second card from the Class I workshop. A simple but elegant card that can easily be used for any other occasion.


I saw that background paper in the Huntington Paper Pack (CTMH), but I hadn't enough to go along for the whole class. So I came up with my own version. I used a dark grey cardstock from CTMH and stamped with the same ink color the bigger image all over a 12" x 12" paper. I then used the lighter shade grey to stamp the middle image. If you ever try this at home, make sure that you stamp of the sides so your background paper looks more cohesive. 

Whenever you see a design paper you like, try to recreate it with you own stamps and inks. You will see it's fun and gives you so much more possibilities and you will never run out of paper.

A 5 1/2" x 4" piece of the homemade paper was glued to the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" base. I then added a strip of 5 1/2" x 1/4"(little bit bigger) Smokey Plum cardstock to the base, slightly overlapping the grey paper. In black ink I stamped my sentiment and added the Smokey Plum square in the corner.


 To create the flower image, I stamped the flowers in light grey first, then in the darker grey on the other side and twice just the top of the flowers in smokey plum ink. This piece was attached with foam dots on top of the plum square. Two pearls round up the picture.

The flower stamps used here and upcoming images are from the stamp set "Happy Autumn" (D1550) from Close To My Heart.

Happy Autumn everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment