July 9, 2013

Hang in There Card

This is the second card we will create in this month's Card Workshop. "Hang in There" or "Get mow...tivated" are only two phrases you can use. 

 This is a fun little stamp set from "JilliBean Soup" and I will show two different ways to use it.

We will use a piece of light blue cardstock as the stamping background. The image is stamped in black onto the upper part of the piece. 

Gel-pens and Souffle pens are used to color the laundry and the mower in. These pens are great since the will color over the blue in the cardstock.


Two strips of green cardstock were cut with scissors that cut grass like edges. Both strips are distressed with chocolate ink and adhered to the card. The higher one first, then the shorter one on top.

The mower was cut out and added to the grass. A little clothes pin will hold the tag to the card. The light blue cardstock was adhered to a darker piece and both were added with foam squares to the card.


Here is another way of using the same idea. This time I stamped the clothes line image onto the blue cardstock and again onto a white piece of cardstock. I colored the clothes on the white piece and cut them out. There all are adhered with foam dots to the line. The same with the mower. A little Thank You note is finishing of this card.





Since I used alcohol markers to color in the second example, I used a light gray marker to go around all clothes after I was done coloring. This gives each item a much deeper look. I made sure that I left a little bit of the grey around each piece when I was cutting them out.

You can order these cards in a set to assemble at home. Everything will be in it except glue, glue or foam dots and coloring pens! Contact me for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment