July 26, 2013

Cricut Cartridges from Close To My Heart

Many of you have asked me in the past, what is so special about the exclusive to Close To My Heart Cricut cartridges? Well, were should I begin?

 Everyone has their favorite tools to work with and when it comes to die-cutting and embossing machines you will hear a whole variety of different opinions on which one is the best. I can't tell you either which one is the best, I can only tell you about my choices and what I was looking for.

For many many years I own and love my Cuttlebug. For those of you who are unfamiliar with these types of machines, the Cuttlebug is a die-cutting and embossing machine. Not electric (you will be the source of power) but very handy. I picked the Cuttlebug years ago, because it allows me to use not only the great folders and dies from Provocraft, it also allows me to use almost all other dies and folders for embossing that are out on the market. 
So if you are in for a machine, this would be my first to start with! I still to this day use very often and I don't want to miss my bug!

Cricut Artiste Cartridge

I also own and love my Cricut Expression machine. I didn't really saw a need in buying one, but once Close To My Heart came out with a Cricut Cartridge, I had to get one. Well how to decide which one and what does the machine do?
 The mini Cricut cuts only 6x12 while the Cricut Expression cuts 12x12. So I figured, if I invest in one, I get the bigger one, otherwise I would not be able to cut the bigger items.
 All Cricut's are designed to cut items out for you (meanwhile they can emboss and do other things as well). The advantage, the machine cuts each item in different sizes, from delicate to simple, everything you can image; disadvantage, you need to by cartridges for it. I bought a refurbished Cricut Expression, just to safe some money and see how I would like it. And I like it a lot too. It cuts my preparation time for my Workshops in half. I can cut out any letters as often as I need them and never run out. I can cut 100's of flowers at a time without exhausting myself and so much more.

Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge

Regarding the cartridges, yes there are hundreds of cartridges out there for every occasion you can think of, but I don't really need all of them. I had two cartridges that came with the Cricut and they offer me basic shapes and items, which is great. I did bought our Close To My Heart cartridges, because they not only give me more than 700 items per cartridge, I can also use them in conjunction with our clear stamps. Yes, you heart right! Our Idea Books show you some stamps that are surrounded by a red line! These are stamps where you can find a fitting image on the cartridge. On the carry sheet of your clear stamp is an inch size next to the stamps that have cartridge cut out. All you have to do is set the right size, pick the item from the cartridge and have the machine do its magic. Now you can stamp on the cut out and it will fit perfectly!
Beside images for stamping, there are 3D elements, backgrounds, laces, boxes, home decor items and so much more on them. The new cartridge ArtBooking also includes scrapbook page sets!

Cricut Artbooking Cartridge

So ... I am happy with my Cuttlebug and my Cricut and all three cartridges of Close To My Heart that I own. If you like to know more about them, how to use them or how to get started, please feel free to contact me. I also offer Cricut Classes for beginners!

No comments:

Post a Comment