July 8, 2013

A Little Flower Card

Finally... here are the promised sneak peaks for your this months Card Class. We start the Class with a very versatile card. Like flowers, this card can say Thank You, Get Well, Miss You, You are great and so much more. 

As like many of you, I still have some good old wood mounted rubber stamps. I still love to use them even so it is much hard once you are used to the clear stamps. These once are from "Stamps by Judith & Heather".

Placing the stamp in the right place is a little challenge, but who doesn't like a challenge.

Well, I stamped the grass in OLIVE ink from Close To My Heart. The flowers are either stamped with OLIVE ink and INDIAN CORN FLOWER ink or GOLDRUSH ink. (Same inks for the butterflies)

I stamped the phrase in CHOCOLATE ink onto the craft paper and embellished it with a little green bubble and a small ribbon knot.


I used sponge daubers to ink up the flower stamps. This way I could get them in a two color tone. One dauber (olive) inked up the stem of the flowers, while another one (blue or goldrush) would ink up the flower part. At the end I used a grass stamp to fill in the bottom of the colonial white paper piece. 

The butterflies were stamped with the same inking technique.

I adhered the poka-dot paper to the card base. The stamped flower piece was glued to the craft paper piece and added with foam dots to the card.

If you like this month's cards, stay tuned for more. You can also purchase the whole month's set for assembling at home. Please contact me for more information.



No comments:

Post a Comment