March 26, 2013

A Rose Card


Roses are always a wonderful way to sent someone special some very special wishes. This could be a wonderful birthday card, get well card or like in my case a sympathy card.

Sadly I had to make another sympathy card for a wonderful neighbor and good friend. I hope these little flowers will brighten her day a little bit.







The roses are stamped with the Close To My Heart "Happy Valentine's" stamp set in chocolate ink. I colored each rose in with tulip ink and the CTMH blending pen. This give you a very soft look and if you like your colors a little bit deeper, just go over the flower again. Make sure the ink dries in between.
The leaves are colored in the same way with garden green ink. 



I used my Cuttlebug machine and a wonderful rose embossing plate from Anna Griffin. Both, the rose and the white piece of cardstock are embossed and the white layer is adhered with foam dots.

The grey tab with the nesting white piece are cut with a Spellbinder die-cut. 






I used a grey chiffon ribbon to go around the white cardstock and adhered the flowers and other embellishments. The roses are cut out with a craft knife.

If I would color the flowers in with watercolor pens to archive the same color result, I would have to use StazOn permanent ink to stamp the design. Why you ask? Well, the regular ink is water-based and your image would smear once you use water to active the water pens. With this technique, you use your inks as colors and the blending tool as a non water medium, which means the blending pen will not smear your outlines of the image you stamped. Love it...and the colors will always match your cardstock too.

Contact me if you have any questions or like to learn this technique.

HAPPY EASTER ......

No comments:

Post a Comment