February 17, 2013

A Wedding Card


Browsing through the new Idea Book I saw the perfect Wedding Card. Check out page 33 and you will find a similar looking card. I did order the stamp "The Happy Couple (D1539)" from Close To My Heart, but I couldn't wait until the stamp set arrived. 


So what do you do if you don't have the stamp set on hand, well you get creative and look for similar stamps you have on hand. That's what I did. 
First I found a small stamp with a bunch of flowers. I stamped the paper with a white pigment ink and set it aside to dry. Pigment inks need a lot longer to dry than other inks.



Next, I picked three stamps to create the three different layers of the torte.
I cut a scalloped piece of white card stock in strips to cover the top of each layer. I used a bow stamp instead of bells for the top. I cut the bow out and used a glitter pen to enhance the overall look. I placed the bow with foam dots on top of the last cake layer.

I used 1" circles to create the little red flowers and 1/2" circles for the smaller once. 
I spiral of rhinestones was placed on top of all three cake layers. Then the little flowers were arranged and pearls were placed in the middle of the small flowers.
I adhered the gray card stock with the cake to the white one and the white was adhered to the pigment inked one.
The whole set was placed with foam dots on the card base. 



Get inspired by all the artwork and ideas in our wonderful Close To My Heart Idea Books. These books are a perfect source for everyone, beginner or pro...Don't have your personal Idea Book yet? Well give me a call or contact me so I can get one to you

No comments:

Post a Comment