January 22, 2013

A Girlfriend Birthday Ballon




Yeap, the same stamp we used a few days ago on another card, but this time I used it for a special Birthday card.
This time I stared with a pink card base. I added a black mat to the front in the center of the card. The image was stamped again with StazOn ink (black). You have to use a permanent ink for any kind of image that you like to color in with watercolors, otherwise you will smooch the image, since regular inks are water-based!


I colored her in with watercolor pens and added pink glitter glue to the heart on the dress. After things were dry, I rounded the corners and added the image into the center of the black piece.
I opened the card and placed it on a cutting mat, the image facing up. I used a craft knife and a metal ruler to cut around the black card stock. You only have to cut from the middle of the top, around the right side and on to the middle of the bottom part. Once the cuts are done, you take the pink frame and folded it back. The start and end cutting point are the beginning of the fold.
A ribbon is holding the flap back in place, but you could also glue it back down if you like. 


I placed a piece of design poka-dot paper on the inside and added a piece of white paper for the phrase and a note. To make sure your white paper will disappear behind the front cutout image follow this ....open your card and place the white paper writing face down onto the front cutout seen above. Now close the card by folding the back with the poka-dot paper over the white. This way you will always position it right and out of sight. 

If you like a kit of January's card workshop, please contact me for more information......Click here



No comments:

Post a Comment