October 22, 2012

Stockings on the mantel

Here another example of reusing your old stamp sets. This beautiful mantel with stockings is too cute to pass on.




I used a white card stock base with the fold on top. I cut a piece of cocoa card stock at 4”x5 ¼” and placed it in the center of the card. The design paper was cut at 3 ¾”x5” and also placed in the center of the cocoa piece. (Remark: during my class, two of my ladies used a fringe scissor and one cut right at the edge of the cocoa paper, the other did it on the design paper. Both varieties were great and made the card even more interesting). Next I stamped the mantel and phrase in chocolate ink onto a piece of colonial white card stock. The stockings are stamped in ruby, olive and topiary ink. 
I still wasn't quite pleased with the design. I added the little centerpiece on top of the mantle. But still, something was missing. I used the black stubble texture tool that comes in the set of four texture tools and the olive ink to create the little sprinkles you see on the detailed photo. 

This was the missing piece. I adhered the finished piece to a piece of cocoa card stock, cut about ¼” bigger than the colonial white one. I centered the piece with some foam dots on the card and added a bling in red to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment