October 26, 2012

A Butterfly Thanks

If you follow my blog, you might have seen this card in a little different way before. I just liked the combination of colors and the decor  Instead of the original 6x6” size I went with the regular 4 ¼”x5 ½” card base in colonial white card stock.

And again, I decorated the front with some paper that I had left from last season, stamp a swirly border in chocolate ink around the paper and adhered it to the base. I placed a piece of Desert Sand, Chocolate and Bamboo card stock to the center of the card. Each piece of card stock was cut about ¼ inch smaller than the one below. 
I used the small flower stamp from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set to create the background on the bamboo paper. This time I attached three paper flowers. They came in white and I used a sponge dauber and Tulip ink to color them in. A big brad finishes them off and I adhered them with a couple of glue dots to the card. The butterfly was cut out, inked and adhered to the card with a couple of glue dots along the body of the butterfly. Pearls define the body on top and two foam dots give the wings support to stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment