September 28, 2012

Missing the right pumpkin size?

Pumpkin Card II

Did you ever run out of the right size pumpkin stamp? I am sure many of you have different sized circle punches or even a cutting machine to be able to cut circles in different sizes. No matter what you use, you will need 5 circles to create this funny pumpkin.
I start with an 8 ½ x 5 ½ colonial-white cardstock base folded in half. I attached one 5 ¼ x 4 piece of design paper to it. Center a 4 ¾ x 3 ½ piece of cocoa cardstock onto the design paper.

Take five 1 ½ circles and edge them with chocolate ink. Fold one of the circles in half and cut a little bit of the circle off, ink the edges and the fold.
I stamped a sentiment in the lower right corner of a 4 ½ x 3 ¼ piece of colonial-white cardstock. Now glue two of the circles on the left side of the cardstock piece. Make sure they are in line and just a little bit apart from each other. Now stamp the leaves and curls onto the cardstock. Use foam dots to attach the next two circles to the card. Both circles have to overlap in the middle by about ⅓. The final, smaller circle is also attached to the card with some foam dots to cover up the overlapping part. If you are not certain were to place the circles, try to lay them out without glue first.

I used the black sponge tool from the Close To My Heart texture tools(Z1298) to create the little sprinkles on the card. This will make the card a little bit warmer and combines all elements better.
Let me know what you think of this idea…. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment