June 22, 2012

Just Horsin' Around

For this card I used a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Bamboo cardstock folded in half as my base. All Close To My Heart cardstocks have a white core, which is perfect for sanding. I then sanded around the edges to expose the white.

A 5 ½” x 2 ½” piece of Footloose design paper was attached in the middle of the card. Excess paper was removed by cutting around the card base. A ½” stripe of design paper was used to cover the seam.
I used the seahorse stamp from the Footloose workshop kit (G1036) to stamp the seahorse onto three different white cardstock pieces. Head and tail are stamped onto a 1 ¼” square, while the middle part is stamped onto a 1 ½” square. To stamp different parts of the seahorse, I used tape to cover the parts of the stamp that I don’t needed. I inked the part of stamp that I like to use up and remove the tape… now you can stamp individual parts. Distress each square with Crème Brulee.
The white cardstock pieces are glued onto 1 ½” squares (2) and 1 ¾” Bamboo cardstock pieces. Glue to card and finish with a quote of your choice…

No comments:

Post a Comment